[turba] Users having difficulty with address book

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
09 May 2002 11:47:28 -0300

I apologize for sending this to both lists, but I think this applies to
both and the interaction between them.

I recently upgraded a major site from imp-2.x to imp-3.0+turba-1.0, and
I have had several reports from users that they "can't find their
addresses" or that their "address book is blank".  All of their
information is still there after the upgrade, and once I explain how to
do a blank search, they are able to find everything OK.  I did an
upgrade to imp-3.1RC2+turba-1.1RC2 on a test machine and found that the
problems still exist, both in the contact list itself and the new popup
contact list (which the users are anxiously waiting for).

By default, I think both the contact list and the popup contact list
should show a list of *all* the user's contacts, with the search fields
available to locate a specific address if needed.

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Michigan State University