[turba] ldap: Charset and authentication

Pär Aronsson par.aronsson@nohup.se
23 May 2002 09:29:03 +0200

Hello all,

I have two questions about the ldap interface in Turba.

1. Most important.
I live in Sweden and we have three characters not in the english
alphabet. Those are å, ä and ö (hope that looks ok for you). They exist
in ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8, among others.
By setting 'encoding' => 'utf8' in sources.php all charaters look fine
when viewing an ldap entry. But it is not possible to edit, the entry
will simply not change.
Can I somehow configure things, so that I can edit entries with the
special characters?

2. Would be very nice.
I would like to let the users have personal, private, addressbooks.
Since the bind password is configured in sources.php they aren't all too
private though.
Is it possible to get Turba to use the password the user entered at
login?
It would be even better if the password was a part of the user
preferences.

TIA
Pär Aronsson