[turba] 3 Qs & 1 A (all ldap)

Tarjei Huse tarjei+a_lists.phpgw@nu.no
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:59:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, I got some questions and an answer to some turba setup problems.

Q: I want to put the personal adressbooks of my users into a ldap
directory. Now, to do this, I need to make them log on to the server w/
the same username and password as they used to log on to imp. How do I
configure my sources.php to do this.

i.e. I need something like this:
'root' => 'ou=$Username,ou=adresses,o=domain,c=com',
        'bind_dn' => 'uid=$Username,ou=People,o=domain,c=com',
        'bind_password' => '$password',

How do I get those $vars?

Q: How hard is it for turba to create a  "ou" in a directory if it
doesn't exist, f.x. when the user looks at his/hers adressbook for the
first time?

Q: How do I get the ldap import/export + adressbooks to work with
OpenLdap?
A:
You'll need to use the pilotperson objectclass. It is also a good ide to
use the organasationalPerson (or something like that - the last taken
from the top of my head).

Change sources.php
from:
'objectclass' =>  'person',
'objectclass' =>  array( 'person','pilotPerson' ),

Q: Has anyone had any sucess in mapping all the turba items (notes, fax
etc) to ldap attributes? I tried but there werre some problems. More on
this.

Thank you for your help.

Tarjei
Tarjei Huse