[turba] Import of Addressbook

Federico Giannici giannici@neomedia.it
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 14:56:56 +0000

I had a lot of trouble trying to import an Outlook addressbook (V.5.5)
into Turba (RELENG CVS of Jun 25).

First I tried to import the addressbook in "Outlook" format, but after
selecting the addressbook file and pressing the "Import" button, some
garbage text appeared into the "Imported fields:" widget.

Then, I tried to export the Outlook addressbook into CSV format and
import it into Turba selecting that format. It didn't worked because
Outlook separed the values with semicolons (perhaps Microsoft doesn't
know what CSV stands for?!?).
I couldn't find any option to tell Outlook to use commans instead of
semicolons.

Finally, I tried to use the "vCard" format. This time the import
succeded (only one entry) but the following warning appeared:

Use of undefined constant IMPORT_TSV - assumed 'IMPORT_TSV' in
/usr/local/horde/horde-020625/turba/data.php on line 196
Use of undefined constant IMPORT_TSV - assumed 'IMPORT_TSV' in
/usr/local/horde/horde-020625/turba/data.php on line 546

Moreover, this last import operations didn't recognized that that
contact was already into the addressbook!

Bye,
    __
   |-                      giannici@neomedia.it