[turba] Import of Addressbook

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 17:51:20 +0200

Zitat von Federico Giannici <giannici@neomedia.it>:

> I had a lot of trouble trying to import an Outlook addressbook (V.5.5)
> into Turba (RELENG CVS of Jun 25).
>
> First I tried to import the addressbook in "Outlook" format, but after
> selecting the addressbook file and pressing the "Import" button, some
> garbage text appeared into the "Imported fields:" widget.

Yeah, it's intended to be the csv export from Outlook, I guess some context
help should be added.

> Then, I tried to export the Outlook addressbook into CSV format and
> import it into Turba selecting that format. It didn't worked because
> Outlook separed the values with semicolons (perhaps Microsoft doesn't
> know what CSV stands for?!?).
> I couldn't find any option to tell Outlook to use commans instead of
> semicolons.

Hm, it always worked here. We use the fgetcsv() funtion to read the data, so
it might be that there are different versions are available with different
php versions or platforms. Perhaps I'll take a look at the CSV class from
PEAR if it works better.

> Finally, I tried to use the "vCard" format. This time the import
> succeded (only one entry) but the following warning appeared:
>
> Use of undefined constant IMPORT_TSV - assumed 'IMPORT_TSV' in
> /usr/local/horde/horde-020625/turba/data.php on line 196
> Use of undefined constant IMPORT_TSV - assumed 'IMPORT_TSV' in
> /usr/local/horde/horde-020625/turba/data.php on line 546

This has been fixed already, update your cvs checkout.

> Moreover, this last import operations didn't recognized that that
> contact was already into the addressbook!

The import routines aren't that slick. It's an import feature, not a
synchronization feature.

Jan.