[turba] HTML formatting bug (affects functionality)

Andrew Vit avit@telus.net
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:44:33 -0600

Hi there,

My ISP recently started using Horde for our email system. Rather than dealing
with their retarded helpdesk people, I thought it best to submit this bug to
somone who will actually fix it. However getting telus.net to update their
software will be another matter...  Here goes:

PROBLEM:

Turba allows simple email addresses enclosed in angle brackets to be added,
e.g:

<avit@telus.net>

When the contact list is displayed, a blank line appears in the contact list,
with no way to select, modify, or delete the entry.

SOLUTION:

Strip the brackets before adding the entry to the database, or convert them to
HTML char codes &lt; &gt; for proper display within the <a> tag.

Thanks,
Andrew Vit

PS, if I'm way off base, or this has long since been fixed but my ISP is just
using old code, feel free to put me in my place  ;^)