[turba] Feature Request

Derek J. Balling dredd@megacity.org
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 15:18:42 -0400

On Saturday, August 17, 2002, at 02:41  PM, Edwin Culp wrote:
> For this to work I have the following, sort of dynamic, configuration in
> horde/turba/config/sources.php.  This will not work as is because of an
> additional object class that I have defined below as megacitykey that I
> think can be safely eliminated, if I remember correctly.  There is an
> issue with changing password because of not being able to do an
> anonymous
> bind to get the dn but you have the options of allowing anonymous binds
> or making a few minor modifications to the password code which I decided
> was the best solution in my case.

I wouldn't allow the users to change their passwords via this interface
anyway, just their various contact info.

Except that I seem to be binding to the ldap server as the user in
question (because if I turn off the ability for "*" to see, say,
"facsimiletelephonenumber", I can see it on searches for "me", but not
for others.

But, if I edit, and save the changes, they don't actually "stick". I
tried editing "someone else's" data and it's the same "success but
nothing changes", so I'm wondering if somehow the "bind to write" is
failing and nothing is noticing the error?

The only thing I really changed was changing the objectclass where I
thought "maybe I need to add all the various classes mentioned in the
ldap object"... to no avail. Any thoughts?

$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
     'title' => 'Byram Company Directory',
     'type' => 'ldap',
     'params' => array(
         'server' => 'ldap.byramhealthcare.com',
         'port' => 389,
         'root' => 'ou=People,dc=byramhealthcare,dc=com',
         'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $uid .
',ou=People,dc=byramhealthcare,dc=com',
         'bind_password' => $pass,
         'dn' => array('uid'),
         'objectclass' =>
array('person','organizationalPerson','inetOrgPerson','top'),
         'version' => 3
     ),
     'map' => array(
         '__key' => 'dn',