[turba] Performance of turba with very large Address Book

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:08:58 +0200

Zitat von Oliver Schönrock <oliver@schonrocks.com>:

> I think TURBA 1.1 which I am not running has a list view. Is that any
> more
> optimised? Could it be?

It has and of course is optimised in the way that it doesn't search the db
but just retrieves all records.

> > The larger Address Book are very long to display when user search them
> > without specifying a criteria (click "Search" without writing anything
> > in the "Matching" test box).  It take a few minutes to display.
> >
> > So I was wondering : does anybody else use very large address book with
> > the sql driver ?  Is your performance Ok ?  If not, do you have any tip
> > about making it faster ? On profiling the problem ?

This has just been covered on this list and we now have an index on the
database in our sql scripts.

Take a look at:
http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/turba/scripts/drivers/turba.sql

Jan.