[turba] Turba and adressbook on DB Postgres and connexion not closed

Rick Emery rick@emery.2y.net
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 17:55:00 -0400

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> > RedHat 7.0 2.2.16-22smp
>
> Yuck... The worst redhat version ever...  But it should work...

I'm running RedHat 7.3, my friend is running 7.2.

> > well after trying with a remote server with
> > postgres -7.2-12
> > local postgres 7.0.2-17
>
> This is perhaps the biggest difference with your non-working and my working
> setups.  I only have one postgres, running on the same server as IMP/Horde.
> Could be significant...
>
> Are the other people having problems also using remote postgresql servers?

No. Both my friend and I were running everything on one server (DB, apache,
imap, etc)

We've both switched to MySQL and are having no issues (and it's fast). Based on
your response (and lack of response from others), I'm guessing that this problem
is infrequent and probably based on some configuration somewhere. I like MySQL,
and have no plans to switch back to postgres for Horde.

Thanks for responding, Eric.

Rick