[turba] Turba and adressbook on DB Postgres and connexion not closed

Sat, 5 Oct 2002 13:14:05 -0500

Quoting Philippe Grevet <grevet@evry.inra.fr>:

> My environnement
> imp-3.1
> pear-4.1.0
> turba-1.1
> horde-2.1

All fine...

> RedHat 7.0 2.2.16-22smp

Yuck... The worst redhat version ever...  But it should work...

> well after trying with a remote server with
> postgres -7.2-12
> local postgres 7.0.2-17

This is perhaps the biggest difference with your non-working and my working
setups.  I only have one postgres, running on the same server as IMP/Horde.
Could be significant...

Are the other people having problems also using remote postgresql servers?

> It seems there is a problem with Postgres.....and horde+imp+turba

Well, I've been using Horde/IMP for 3 years now with postgresql without
problem.  From 2.2.x through CVS HEAD.  No problems ever.  So the problem
has to be specific to some setup.

Now, I've always used postgresql on the same server as Horde/IMP.  So
maybe it is the the remote setup?  Or something?

> or wich parameters are necessery ?

Well, that is a large issue...  Lots of parameters, which vary by setup.

> We have Oracle and Postgres for DB, and i don't need realy using also Mysql

Either oracle or postgresql should work.  I know people are using both...
Just not sure about your local/remote setup, since I've never done that.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!