[turba] Moving from old webemail to turba addressbooks

Matthias Mahrholz Matthias.Mahrholz@URZ.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Wed Oct 23 08:19:35 2002

Hi,

I search a answer on the question from Aug 8.

I have missed them?

Greeting Matthias

-------- Original Message --------
From: Matt Larson <mrlarson@cae.wisc.edu>
Subject: [turba] Moving from old webemail to turba addressbooks.
To: turba@lists.horde.org

 Hi:

 We are replacing our old IMP version 2.2.7 with version 3.1 + turba.
Lots of the
users of this service have address book entries, and I was wondering
about how I
should move these address book entries into turba.

 I found a method for moving the addresses in SQL :

 insert turba_objects (object_id, owner_id, object_name, object_alias,
object_email) select MD5(RAND()) as object_id,
REPLACE(user,'@localhost','') as owner_id, fullname, nickname, address
from imp_addr;

 while reading the mailing list, BUT, my question is this:

 Our webemail service supports multiple different imap servers, and it
is likely
that some of the usernames exist on multiple of the imap servers that we
support.

 It appears from the SQL command that I found, that the user's imap
server will get
split out in the transition, and could lead to the possibility that a
users address
book in Turba will be viewable/editable by multiple accounts (which may
not be the
same person).

 Are my fears justified?  How should I be handling the use of Turba with
multiple
imap servers?  Ie, without moving over the old addresses, are users of
the new
IMP/Turba setup going to suffer username conflicts?

 Note:// we have horde/imp configured such that IMP can handle the login
into horde.

 Thanks,

  Matt Larson