[turba] shared calender for ldap-groups

eculp@encontacto.net eculp@encontacto.net
Thu Nov 21 19:36:02 2002

Quoting Tarjei Huse <tarjei@nu.no>:

 | >  |  | my question:
 | >  |  | i want create shared addressbooks for groups of users (groups
 | defined in
 | >  |  | Ldap),
 | >  |  | its possible ?
 | > I haven't thought about this for sometime.  There should probably be a
 | > much better way.
 |
 | Hi, in the group api, is there some kind og call that returns the uids
 | in a group as an array? I think that would be the cleanest way to do
 | this. (me != expert) I.e.:
 | admins = Groups::getGroupMembers('admins');
 | Or is this what the array listAllUsers ( )  method of
 | CategoryObject_Group  does?

Tarjei,

I agree that that is a clean way to get a predefined group and would be
a nice tool to have.  BTW, did I miss the answers to the your questions?
This email and others that I've seen recently make me wonder if a list
for ldap issues on all the horde modules would not be useful at some point
in time.

Now that I am thinking about this, I'm not even sure how I want my
addressbooks to work for the average user anymore.  Right now, my
configuration can display all the emails @virtualdomain.com by any
user that authenticates with a virtualdomain.com email address.  We
have been considering this a corporate directory. Each user has a dn
like mail=eculp@encontacto.net, addressbook,o=mydomain.com that I use
as the root dn for a private address book.  This only displays the
entries for individual users.  I was happy with this but now I am
wondering if I need something more such as a corporate shared directory.
The reason for making these comments is that I see this being very
difficult to implement with groups.  Especially because my users usually
add to their addressbooks from the directory icon in imp.  I think that
I would prefer that the displaying of directory information be controled
by filters and ldap acl's as much as possible but I may be looking at
this from the wrong perspective.

BTW, Tarjei, have you successfully created groups for mailing in your
ldap addressbook?  I know that Chuck has but I wasn't able to get it
working.  I probably didn't take enough time, I'm a slow learner.  I'm
going to give it another shot but I would also be interested in your
experience and how you have done it.

Thanks,

ed