Turba groups with ldap (was) Re: [turba] Turba Groups in head version updated yesterday.

eculp@encontacto.net eculp@encontacto.net
Sun Nov 24 20:13:59 2002

Quoting Adam Tauno Williams <adam@morrison-ind.com>:

  | >  |
 | >|I'm not really an LDAP person, so I'm not sure that's the best way to do
 | >|it,  | but it seems to work.
 |
 | What object class is used?  I don't see one defined above.
Adam,

The object class in this case is a modified hordePerson

objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.13040.1.2.4.1001
        NAME 'hordePerson'
        DESC 'Horde Preferences'
        SUP person
        MAY ( mail $ hordePrefs $  impPrefs $  turbaPrefs $
                gollemPrefs $  nicPrefs $  ingoPrefs $
                samPrefs $  kronolithPrefs $  choraPrefs $
                whupsPrefs $  mnemoPrefs $  nagPrefs $
                treanPrefs $  klutzPrefs $  hermesPrefs $
                junoPrefs $  accountsPrefs $  forwardsPrefs $
                passwdPrefs $  vacationPrefs $ pgppublickey $
                turbaObjectType $ turbaObjectMembers
        )

 | Any chance the
 | turba
 | specific information could be AUXILLARY and this could be made to work with
 | standards track schema such as groupOfUniqueNames or nisMailAlias?  That way
 | groups would be available to other mail clients as well (Evo, Outlook,
 | etc...)
 | and even possibly expanded via the MDA as that is useful in some cases.  Of
 | course this would limit the ability to contain groups withing groups,  but
 | it
 | would b a very nice option for shops with very disparate systesm that use
 | LDAP
 | to tie them altogether.

It sounds like a very good idea.  I was thinking of using the
courierMailAlias objectClass in the courier authldap.schema
but it could be too courier-centric.  Your idea sounds much
more practical and better for the project.

ed