[turba] Re:LDAP ADD CONTACT

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Dec 4 17:24:54 2002

Quoting Partha <parth11@yahoo.com>:

 | Hi,
 | Thanks for your patience and time.This is first time I
 | am posting so I am not sure reply to your mail id or
 | to turba's list.
 |
 | I have directory structure:
 | dc=my-domain,dc=com
 |     |
 |     |-ou=Personal Address book
 |     |         |-ou=my-login@my-domain.com
 |     |                  |-cn=james Bond
 |     |
 |     |-ou=people
 |               |-cn=my-login@my-domain.com
 |
 | I do not have password entry for ou=people,I don't
 | know how to add one or modify.
 |
 | My problem might be the password- How do I add
 | password and use it .

If I remember correctly from your previous email, you have commented
out the password for the user in your horde/turba/sources.php
I don't see why you need a password for ou=people but you do need one
for cn=my-login@my-domain.com,ou=people,dc=my-domain,dc=com

If you don't have one you can add it with the following command changing
the example to your real values.

ldappasswd -x -D 'cn=manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com' -w rootpassword \
   -s YourPassword 'cn=my-login@my-domain.com,ou=people,dc=my-domain,dc=com'

The above is actually one line as shown by the "\" escape char.

You will then need to remove the # from the

#'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),

line and if we are lucky, it might just work :-)

good luck,

ed

 | Thanks in advance
 | Partha
 |
 | | Hi All
 |  | I want to use LDAP for my personal address book.I
 | went
 |  | through lot of reading material but still can't get
 | it
 |  | right.
 | I've got a few questions below that could possibly be
 | part of the
 | problem but again they could just be typos because
 | this may not
 | be a cut and paste of your sources.php.

 |  |
 |  | I have problem adding contact to my personal
 | address
 |  | book.
 |  |
 |  | my sources.php looks like this--->
 |  | $cn = Auth::getAuth();
 |
 | You are sure that the above returns the value of the
 | directory
 | attribute
 | for cn in all cases?  CN then is what you use for
 | login.
 |
 |  | #$temp = Auth::getCredential('password');
 |  | #preg_match = ("/(^.*)@/"),$cn,$cn);
 |  | #Print $cn ."-This is cn--";
 |  |
 |  | /**
 |  |  * A local directory in an LDAP directory. This
 |  | implements a public (shared)
 |  |  * address book.
 |  |  */
 |  | $cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
 |  |     'title' => 'Shared LDAP Directory',
 |  |     'type' => 'ldap',
 |  |     'params' => array(
 |  |         'server' => 'localhost',
 |  |         'port' => 389,
 |  |         'root' => 'ou='.$cn.',ou=Personal Address
 |  | Book,dc=my-domain,dc=com',
 |
 | How can you have a dynamic value for the above ou
 | attribute?  That
 | would
 | mean that there is an entry in your directory
 | something like the
 | following
 | for each user.
 |
 | dn: ou=user1,ou=Personal Address
 | Book,dc=my-domain,dc=com
 | ou: user1
 | objectClass: top
 | objectClass: organizationalUnit
 |
 | dn: ou=user2,ou=Personal Address
 | Book,dc=my-domain,dc=com
 | ou: user1
 | objectClass: top
 | objectClass: organizationalUnit
 |
 | Do you have that?
 |
 |  |         'bind_dn' =>
 |  | 'cn='.$cn.',ou=people,dc=my-domain,dc=com',
 |
 | The above would seem to be ok but I'm confused because
 | of the # before
 | bind_password.  If the password isn't present you
 | could get "no write
 | access".
 | The first would/should be correct with the above line.
 |
 |  | 	#'bind_password' =>
 | Auth::getCredential('password'),
 |  |         #'bind_password' => '********',
 |  |         'dn' => array('cn'),
 |  |         'objectclass' => 'person',
 |  |         'version' => 3
 |  |     ),
 |  |     'map' => array(
 |  |         '__key' => 'dn',
 |  |         'name' => 'cn',
 |  |         'email' => 'mail',
 |  |         'homePhone' => 'telephonenumber',
 |  |         'workPhone' => 'workphonenumber',
 |  |         'cellPhone' => 'cellphonenumber',
 |  |         'homeAddress' => 'homeaddress'
 |  |     ),
 |  |     'search' => array(
 |  |         'name',
 |  |         'email',
 |  |         'homePhone',
 |  |         'workPhone',
 |  |         'cellPhone',
 |  |         'homeAddress'
 |  |     ),
 |  |     'strict' => array(
 |  |         'dn'
 |  |     ),
 |  |     'public' => true,
 |  |     'readonly' => false,
 |  |     'admin' => array(),
 |  |     'export' => true
 |  | );
 |  |
 |  |
 |  | My ACCESS CONTROL looks slapd.conf---->
 |  |
 |  | access to dn="ou=.*,ou=Personal Address
 |  | Book,dc=desmac,dc=com"
 |  | 	by * read
 |  | 	by dn="cn=$1,ou=people,dc=my-domain,dc=com" write
 |
 | The above should work if you have actually declared
 | each user as an
 | organizationalUnit, which there is nothing wrong with,
 | BTW.  I just
 | haven't run across it before.
 |
 | I hope this helps you find the problem.  I could very
 | well have
 | overlooked
 | other things, I'm a bit tired and not familiar with
 | you directory
 | structure.
 | The most probable cause would be # before the password
 | value above.
 |
 | ed

 |  |
 |  |
 |  | my log says no write access to the parent.
 |  |
 |  | PLEASE I NEED SOME LIGHT   :-)
 |  | Thanks in advance for ur time and patience.....
 |  |
 |  | Partha
 |  |
 |  |
 |  | __________________________________________________
 |  | Do you Yahoo!?
 |  | Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up
 | now.
 |  | http://mailplus.yahoo.com
 |  |
 |  | --