[turba] IMP ldap prefs/Turba personal ldap addresses

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 21:06:07 PST 2002

Lee,

I decided to use the horde.schema with my current
ispman directory and the hordePrefs and impPrefs are
working well as using my rootdn.  I am trying to glean
from your ACL examples, so as to authorize read and
write access on a per user basis.  However, when
attempting to impliment the per user ACLs I begin to
have problems with rootdn access.  I believe ISPMan
reads anonymously from the directory, but writes as
the rootdn and some how the per user ACLs are hosing
things up.  Any suggestions?

I was also wondering if you are able to access your
turba personal addressbooks via a POP/IMAP client such
as OutLook Express or Mozilla.  I know both of these
clients have the capability of storing addressbooks
via ldap, but was wondering if they used a schema
simular to turba.

Thanks again for your great help.  It is exciting to
see an entirely ldap based mail system come together.

Respectfully,

Gary