[turba] Browse LDAP Contacts Problem (Continued)

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 02:05:10 PST 2003

I still can't figure out this problem with ldap and
turba.  When I 'Browse' my test account's contacts, it
shows an 'Edit' link for the main ldap 'addressbook'
subtree (this is the subtree that all the contacts are
suppose to be stored under in the ldap directory per
user).

It was suggested to me that my dn was setup
incorrectly within turba.  The following is a brief
example of my ldap directory setup and sources.php
configuration:

dc=mydomain, dc=org

ou=owners-doamin.org

ou=users

uid=username (contains users attributes)

ou=addressbook
|                    |               |
cn=contact1     cn=contact2     cn=contact3     ...

Sources.php of Turba is configured with:

basedn is 'ou=addressbook, uid=' . $uid . ', ou=users,
ou=' . $vdomain . ', dc=mydomain, dc=org';

rootdn is 'uid=' . $uid . ', ou=users, ou=' . $vdomain
. ', dc=mydomain, dc=org';

For some strange reason when I browse the test
account's empty contacts it shows the dn:
"ou=addressbook, uid=username, ou=users,
ou=owners-domain.org, dc=mydomain, dc=org" as a
contact to be 'Edit'ed.

What gives?  Is it due to my directory structure?  I
know at least one other individual has this simular
setup without issue.

I appreciate your assistance.

Respectfully,

Gary