[turba] Browse LDAP Contacts Problem (Continued)

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Jan 6 07:17:59 PST 2003

Quoting "Gary C. New" <garycnew at yahoo.com>:

 | I still can't figure out this problem with ldap and
 | turba.  When I 'Browse' my test account's contacts, it
 | shows an 'Edit' link for the main ldap 'addressbook'
 | subtree (this is the subtree that all the contacts are
 | suppose to be stored under in the ldap directory per
 | user).
<Configuration seems ok at first glance although I am a bit
confused with root, base and bind dn's with your examples.>

 | For some strange reason when I browse the test
 | account's empty contacts it shows the dn:
 | "ou=addressbook, uid=username, ou=users,
 | ou=owners-domain.org, dc=mydomain, dc=org" as a
 | contact to be 'Edit'ed.

You might want to add a filter such as

'filter' =>  '!(uid=' . $uid . ')'

I hope this helps.

ed

P.S. You can and probably should confirm all the above (including
your original email content) with ldapsearch.  That helps me put
search results into perspective.  You can check the results generated
by horde/turba/lib/Driver/ldap.php using horde/turba/config/sources.php
and your logic from the command line.