[turba] couple things

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Jan 13 07:54:56 PST 2003

Quoting Daniel Wittenberg <daniel-wittenberg at uiowa.edu>:

 | On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 07:17, eculp at encontacto.net wrote:
 | > Quoting Daniel Wittenberg <daniel-wittenberg at uiowa.edu>:
 | >
 | >  | When I browse our LDAP directory, it displays the OU entry too, anyone
 | >  | else notice that?  Would it be hard to stop that?
 | >
 | > I use a filter in turba/config/sources.php
 |
 | Can you post that?  I can't seem to find info on filters.  Would be nice
 | if this were fixed though...

It is the same as on the command line, in fact that is the way I check mine,
but they are assigned to the filter variable in horde/turba/config/sources.php.
They are dependent on your directory structure.  For my private address books
I have the following root:
  'root' => 'mail=' . $usermail . ',ou=addressbook,o=mydomain.org'
You can see that would allow:
   mail=eculp at encontacto.net,ou=addressbook,o=mydomain.org
would be shown without a filter.  So I saw two options the first was to
require an email address through a filter as below:
  'filter' =>  'mail=*@*'
which will not match mail at encontacto.net,ou=addressbook,o=mydomain.org
and will only show my entries that are children of the above.  This could
possibly work for you.

Later, for some reason that has slipped my mind, I started adding the email
address to the above structure and changed the filter to
        'filter' =>  '!(mail=' . $usermail . ')'

For corporate addressbooks, I assume that all will use the corporate domain
and use the following filter.

        'filter' => 'mail=*@' . $vdomain

That will hopefully get you started.  I'm sure it's obvious that you can base
the filter on any attribute or combination of attributes or lack there of:-)

Good luck,

ed

 | >  |
 | >  | Also, I noticed that in the sources.php you can't use capitalization in
 | >  | the attribute names, specifically in the mapping section...is that
 | >  | normal?  I wrote telephoneNumber and it wouldn't display anything...
 | >
 | > IIRC, the case sensitivity is between sources.php and attributes.php and
 | > not ldap.  If you capitalize in both, it should work.
 |
 | On the internal mapping now, but I want to do workPhone =>
 | telePhoneNumber, and workPhone is in attributes correctly, but if I
 | capitalizie telePhoneNumber (not in attributes) it chokes.

 | >  |