[turba] Turba API

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at wanadoo.nl
Wed Jan 22 20:51:27 PST 2003

Hello,

I am thinking about closely integration Turba and  Kronolith, Nag and Mnemo.
It is my intention to allow users to add a turba contact reference to
events, tasks and notes and in the calendar, tasklist and notes applications
and to allow users to view all applicable events, tasks and notes through
links in Turba.

I think Horde is a nice framework, but I really mis closer integration
between the different applications and this would, IMO, be a nice addition
to it.

Question 1: What are your opinions on that?

While I wanted to get started on this work I investigated the current API in
turba cvs HEAD and I noticed that most API's use address and addressbooks to
identify (a) contact(s) in Turba. Only the show API uses the source,key to
identify a contact. What is the rationel behind this? What I would like to
have is at least a (variant) API that allows me to uniquely identify a
contact through the source,key combination. I have been thinking about
adding an optional key field to the current APIs and then demand that the
addressbooks parameter array contain only one element, but that feels like a
bloody hack to me. I am willing to put some effort into this, but I need
some guidance as to how you think the API should work.

Question 2: What are your opinions on that?

Regards,
Jeroen