[turba] turba w/o a database

Ryan Gallagher ryan at studiesabroad.com
Fri Jan 31 13:45:11 PST 2003

Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:

> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 rodneys at lodging.com wrote:
>
> > I have horde/imp/ set up and working very nicely. It's only going to be
> used by
> > two users. Can I setup turba w/o sql or a database, or is that mandatory?
> > Please explain how, if I can accomplish turba w/o a database. Thanks.
> >
> > Rodney
>
> Where would you store your turba address books without a database?
>
> 	Andy

I think maybe this person is inquiring about the possibility of a flat file
backend, something simplier than sql or ldap.  Maybe an xml backend or db3?

For two users i can see the merits of this approach.  Although having a sql or
ldap database around brings it's own benefits as you upgrade or add components.

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan at studiesabroad.com
International Studies Abroad