[turba] AddressBook Schemas

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Feb 18 11:31:55 PST 2003

>Is anyone using an LDAP server to server PERSONAL addressbooks to clients
>like IMP/TURBA, Outlook, Netscape, etc? I would really like to accomplish this
>but it seems damn near impossible.

Why?  Load the data into LDAP, configure a data source in Turba to look at the
atttributes you want....

You probably want to use the inetOrgPerson + officePerson schemas.

i.e.
objectclass: person
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
objectclass: officePerson

There is not magic, and doing so is very well documented.
ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf - even has a Turba section.

If your DSA doesn't have officePerson, you can get it from my web page -
http://www.kalamazoolinux.org/projects/awilliam/