[turba] modifications

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Tue Feb 18 22:54:03 PST 2003

i've been working on a few modifications on turba, wanted to check with people
to get some feedback...

- now that we horde_form is being used as the basis for input, wanted to switch
the display of lists away from the contactrow template and to use the horde_form
"rows" renderer. some of the more complex fields, like enum and date, do not
show up properly in this current template.

- the advanced form is not exactly the most ui friendly, wanted to shift that to
a proper query builder (something like the one in whups? iirc...) with support
for and/or/not, and use of the more complex enum/date/etc fields from horde_form

- paging and/or rolodex - i've found that having address books with 1000+ names,
and hitting the "browse" button can crash both the browser and apache. my one
problem is ldap, been trying to figure that out a bit lately to see exactly what
can be done in both ldap and sql, and what needs to be manipulated in php. but
was thinking of putting in that only an X number of records are returned per
page, and page navigation set up.
the other suggestion that Jan made was to develop the rolodex extension to the
ListView. again some paging would be needed, the 1000+ system that is causing me
the problems has 290 first letter "B" contacts...

- chuck, thanks for the cleanups... saw that you tweaked the mapping in the
setFormVariables() function. i had another idea which i was playing with lately
- wanted to have expandable sections to forms. so that a large form could be
shown on the screen but that the user could slide open the sections that need to
be filled in, or slide closed the ones that are not required. was playing with
that in turba, by setting up "header" type fields in the attributes. if we do
strict "source" mapping, this is no longer possible, as header fields are
obviously not in the source.

- i have a simple pdf mailing label function i set up to work with turba. should
this be part of turba, or part of horde generally? something like the export
functions?

any thoughts on these directions?

m.
does these