[turba] Groups question

James james at mail.nbsd.org
Wed Feb 26 05:48:43 PST 2003

I have a central SQL database of email users, which users use in Turba to
lookup another person's email address.

Its in a seperate database and table than the regular horde.turba_objects table.

Is there anyway to make groups support function for this?  I want to make it so
that a user will be able to use this central SQL database of all users to
create their own private, custom groups (ie, groups they can define, and only
they can see, from this user list).

What would I have to modify in sources.php and/or the SQL schema for the user
database for this to work?

A potential solution to this (would probably require a patch), would be to
specify where you want the group created, meaning that a user could select
email addresses from one addressbook, and insert the group w/ addresses in to
the other addressbook.

- James