[turba] Groups question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Feb 26 10:08:52 PST 2003

Quoting James <james at mail.nbsd.org>:

> Is there anyway to make groups support function for this?

Yes.

> What would I have to modify in sources.php and/or the SQL schema for the
> user database for this to work?

You need '__type' and '__members' entries in the map in sources.php, and
corresponding database fields. Example:

        '__type' => 'object_type',
        '__members' => 'object_members',

(see turba/scripts/drivers/ for the field definitions).

> A potential solution to this (would probably require a patch), would be
> to specify where you want the group created, meaning that a user could
> select email addresses from one addressbook, and insert the group w/
> addresses in to the other addressbook.

A patch for that would be great. It would make things much simpler for LDAP
users, for instance.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>