[turba] turba permissions....

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Feb 26 12:54:15 PST 2003

Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:

> yes i noticed, it works as each username returned by Auth::getAuth() will
> be declared an admin for that turba source... i suppose it is a solution,
> but a bit ugly to expect this php in the config files.

This is better than nothing, but shouldn't be *needed*, imho.

> i'd say it is a source which is available to be viewed/read by any user
> regardless of login. a "personal" ldap would come under this definition i
> suppose, if it is somehow handling all the auth and horde should not
> worry about what the end user is. although i agree it is not exactly
> logical when comparing the naming/settings values.

No, a personal addressbook should not have to be marked as public. We need
to be smarter than that; it's semantically *terrible*.

> or maybe we need a setting to say that horde should not be checking
> perms? maybe the public/readonly can be part of a perms array in the
> sources.php file:
> 'checkperms' => array('public' => true, 'readonly' => 'false')

Not sure I follow. Why in sources.php?

Offhand, it sounds to me like non-public LDAP addressbooks should be treated
as if the current user has permissions. Would that solve your case, Amith?
Can anyone think of a case that that breaks?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
must ... find ... acorns ... *thud*