[turba] First shot at a new ldap schema.

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Thu Mar 13 23:03:03 PST 2003

> | should we be making a smimepublickey?  Why not use userSMIMECertificate
> | (2.16.840.1.113730.3.1.40) in inetOrgPerson?
>
> That is good. I'll change it in the morning.  SYNTAX is binary.  Is that
> O.K.?

Hmmm... I have no idea.  Maybe because of this your suggestion might be better.

> | And for free/busy info I think
> | there is some stuff already out there.  I'm using calFBURL
> | (1.2.840.113556.1.4.479) which was mentioned by someone a couple weeks ago.
>
> I've got that also.  It would require adding yet another schema and the
> calEntry object class, but I'm good with it.  In fact calFBURL is
> friendly enough, IMO.
>
> I'm not sure this is intuitive to a new user maybe too many objectclasses?

Well I don't know if this is "kosher" but could we include that in horde.schema
but use the OID of calFBURL?  I agree that the easiest thing is tell the new
user that they have to put 1 include line in slapd.conf.  I'm not suggesting
multiple ones.  But on the other hand if there are schema's out there that
already handle this then is there a need to make our own?  As Chuck said as long
as its documented clearly it'll work.  Maybe Adam can chime in.

Amith