[turba] Searching address book (via MySQL) returns everything...

Ryan Gallagher ryan at studiesabroad.com
Mon Mar 31 22:09:56 PST 2003

Quoting "Michael J. Pelletier" <michael_j_pelletier at hotmail.com>:

> When I try to search my address book, via MySQL, no matter what item I
> search on, name or email address, the search results always return
> everything. Has anyone had this problem??? I am using the latest release...
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Michael Pelletier

You may be noticing the behavior i've seen, that turba caches search results...
If you search for "b" (and get all the contacts with b in their search field).
Your next search for "james" will continue to have the "b" results displayed
(but shaded).  If you narrow your search by trying "brian" it is already in the
list of "b" results and your result page won't change.

I find this an annoying "feature" myself.  It goes away if you renew your session.

Maybe there's a config option we missed somewhere to change this behavior?

If that's not the behavior in question, I apologize.

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan at studiesabroad.com
International Studies Abroad