[turba] Re: Using imp and turba with an Exchange 2000 mail server

Stoilis Giannis giannis at stoilis.gr
Tue Apr 1 08:45:39 PST 2003

Αρχικό μήνυμα από  "yvon.quere at laposte.net" <yvon.quere at laposte.net>:
> Hi there Stoilis (I'm assuming this is your first name,
> correct me if I'm wrong)

Actually, my first name is Giannis, which is the greek equivelent of the
English name "John". No harm done :)

> $cfgSources['testairialcom'] = array(
>     'title' => 'Dummy Airial interne',
>     'type' => 'ldap',
>     'params' => array(
>         'server' => 'dummyad',
>         'port' => 389,
> 	'root' => 'dc=linux,dc=local',
>         'bind_dn' =>
> 'cn=Administrateur,cn=Users,dc=linux,dc=local',
> 	'bind_password' => 'whatever',
>        	'dn' => array('cn'),
> 	'objectClass' => array('person','inetOrgPerson','user'),

Regarding your configuration:
1) port: My port is 3268. Unless you have only one server, you should use the
server running the Global Catalog service. This is usually the first server in
your domain.

2) bind_dn: You should use ONLY the username. For security reasons, I wouldn't
use the administrator's account, becouse you would put his passowrd in plain
text(*BAD*). Create a simple user for LDAP-only queries. In eitheir case, use
JUST the username. Example:
     'bind_dn' => 'ldapuser',

3) dn & objectClass: remove these for now. These are just used to filter our
results. You should first get SOME results, and they try to filter them.

Let me know how it works out.

- Stoilis Giannis