[turba] Mapping Turba fields with GQ-marked-as-red LDAP attributes

yvon.quere@laposte.net yvon.quere at laposte.net
Fri Apr 4 10:18:57 PST 2003

Hi there

This question is related to the use of read-only LDAP adressbook.

Specifically the "map" part of the sources.php where Turba
attributes are mapped to LDAP ones :

    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'dn',
	'name' => 'sn',
        'email' => 'mail',

    ),

I'm facing a problem here due to (I think) the LDAP schema
used in my corporate Active Directory.

I can browse my AD with GQ. This tool marks LDAP attributes
with colors (black, blue, red ..). An explanation of those
colors was made on the QG mailing list by Peter Stamfest
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2238095

Problem is that I can't map a Turba attribute to a *RED* LDAP
attribute. Seems like no value is returned, and the search
result page on Turba shows me the "Edit" button in place of
the real result.

Doing a command line ldapsearch asking specifically for those
attributes works just fine so this is not security/auth
related (bind with the same user/pwd in both cases).

2 questions here :

a) can someone try a clearer explanation for those red-tagged
attributes as seen in GQ ? Peter's one quite confused me
(truth is, I'm sure not an LDAP expert :-(

b) is there a workaround (Turba side or Active Directory side)
to allow me to map such red-tagged attributes in my
sources.php file ?

Thanks for your help

Yvon

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)"