[turba] Mapping Turba fields with GQ-marked-as-red LDAP attributes

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Apr 4 09:14:05 PST 2003

Quoting "yvon.quere at laposte.net" <yvon.quere at laposte.net>:

> I can browse my AD with GQ. This tool marks LDAP attributes
> with colors (black, blue, red ..). An explanation of those
> colors was made on the QG mailing list by Peter Stamfest
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2238095
>
> Problem is that I can't map a Turba attribute to a *RED* LDAP
> attribute. Seems like no value is returned, and the search
> result page on Turba shows me the "Edit" button in place of
> the real result.

According to that explanation, those attributes aren't really supposed to be
there/be part of the object? I'm not familiar with GQ.

> a) can someone try a clearer explanation for those red-tagged
> attributes as seen in GQ ? Peter's one quite confused me
> (truth is, I'm sure not an LDAP expert :-(

red-tagging doesn't mean anything inherent in LDAP; you'll have to bug the
GQ author on this.

> b) is there a workaround (Turba side or Active Directory side)
> to allow me to map such red-tagged attributes in my
> sources.php file ?

If an LDAP guru understands what you mean by red-tagged, maybe they can
chime in, but it sounds to me like you're trying to apply concepts from one
specific program to LDAP in general, and getting much confusion. So I'm not
sure what to tell you, sorry.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of