[turba] personnal and public addressbooks

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Apr 14 10:12:26 PDT 2003

Quoting ianux <ianux at free.fr>:

| I have two addressbooks both based on LDAP
| the first is a public addressbook which is public and readonly
| (according to sources.php)
| the second is a personnal addressbook not public and not readonly
| My problem is that when I connect to Turba and look into my personnal
| addressbook, which should be empty, I find all the entries of the public
| addressbook. I don't want that (it's quiet redondant), I want personnal
| addressbooks filled only with personnal contacts.

Sounds like you need a filter based on your directory structure or posibly
an attribute that will allow you to distinguse between the two.  You will
want to set your acl's in slapd.conf to give write permision to the correct
users for the different addressbooks.  If you have this already then let
us know what the structure is and I'm sure that someone will be glad to
give you additional suggestions.

I have a corporate addressbook that is like a internal corporate directory
and I just filter with   'filter' => 'mail=*@' . $vdomain, where $vdomain
is
$vdomain = strtolower(eregi_replace('^mail\.|^www\.|^www\.mail\.', '', \
$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']));
for personal address books I have an additional attribute 'virtualdomainuser'
and filter on it.
 'filter' =>  'virtualdomainuser=' . $usermail

These obviously won't work for everyone.  You will need your own game plan.

Good luck,

ed