[turba] slow with 260 contacts

Shane Metler shane at homes.com
Fri Apr 18 00:18:42 PDT 2003

hi there,

i set up today's HEAD snapshot of Horde, Imp, & Turba, in an effort to
upgrade our system, and everything is working well together.

Turba works great, but is verrry slowww with 260 contacts added. it takes
around 20 seconds to display the 260 results when i 'Browse' my contacts.

i still have the older Turba-1.1 running, so i ran a side by side timing
comparison between today's HEAD version and Turba 1.1 ... both versions are
using the exact same MySQL tables, and are loading the same 260 contacts.

- Turba HEAD ~~ 20 seconds
- Turba 1.1  ~~  3 seconds.

i've found some previous posts that indicate Turba can be slow with 1000's
of contacts, but they also confirm that i should not have a 20 sec delay to
return 260 contacts.

the one and only source i have listed is the local_sql source connecting to
a MySQL DB.

could this slowness be caused by some mis-configured turba settings? or is
the HEAD code just that much slower?

can anyone offer any advise please?

Thanks in advance,
Shane Metler