[turba] Address Losses with Turba 1.2

Joerg Friedrich Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Jun 16 07:41:47 PDT 2003

Eric Rostetter schrieb am Montag, 16. Juni 2003 um 01:07:03 -0500:
> Quoting Joerg Friedrich <Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de>:
>
> > Today we finally switched from imp2 to imp3/turba1.2.
> > Really nice.
>
> Congrats!
>
> > But there seems to be a problem with the users sql-based personal
> > addressbook.
>
> No, just a problem with the user's understanding of it, and a lack of
> documentation on it.
>
> > I had some support calls after the user has created
> > lists in his addressbook and added some addresses.
> > then he thinks that this is like a folder and deletes the address from
> > 'main' book. and the address is lost.
>
> That is working as designed.  We've definately got a documenation problem
> with it though.
>
> Maybe we could add a warning if the user tries to delete an entry that
> is in a list, but the overhead of checking might be too high?

I think a 'Javascript' popup would be enough. Something like "Are you
really really sure" :-)

And maybe the appellation 'Lists' is misleading. I think 'Mail Group' or
'Shortcut' wouldn't imply something like a subfolder.

--
Heute ist nicht alle Tage, ich komm' wieder, keine Frage!!!

   Joerg

The first requisite for immortality is death.
		-- Stanislaw Lem