[turba] Groups and objects was: Exporting Lists ...

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jun 30 14:10:53 PDT 2003

Zitat von "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org>:

> > > And since object_id
> > > isn't pull'd out in the export, to export the Lists, you'd have to
> > > translate object_members -> object_name ...
> >
> > Sorry, I lost you here.
>
> Create two addresses in yoru address book, create a simple list that
> includes both of those addresses .. then export your address book and
> re-import it on a different machine ... your list is created, but has no
> members ...

Ah, I see. But I think that makes sense, because how should other programs
than Turba know what a list is and how to handle it?

But I'm not sure if it makes sense that groups/lists are still objects like
any other entry in Turba. I don't speak about the storage, but I don't know
if it's useful or rather irritating that you can add a phone number or an
email address to a list. There is no place where this address will be used.
Perhaps we should offer only a limited set of fields for lists. Or even
only a name field.

In this case we should also exclude lists from the exports.

What do others think?

Jan.