[turba] Grant address book access rights to certain user group

Stefan Lemsitzer stefan_l at sbox.tugraz.at
Wed Aug 6 01:32:43 PDT 2003

Hi!

I set up a Cyrus Imap Server at the moment for my company, and I have installed
the Horde Framework, Imp and Turba. It works really well so far. But I have a
problem:
My Company uses a huge address book, to which all users of a certain user-group
have access. The Adressbook is updated by a certain person, so everybody has
the actual addresses at all time.
I want to integrate this address book into Turba. But there is the problem: I
store the data in a MySql database (created by the script in the drivers
folder) and there is the column owner_id. I want, that the owner_id is related
to a certain user-group, so that everybody of this group has read-only access
to the address book and the admins and the person who updates the addressbase
have read/write access. I mean, the last point is not so important, I can
update the addressbook directly in the Mysql server.

So in fact, I want to create a global address book for a certain user group (for
example, for all users with the owner_id *@mydomain.com)
how could I manage this??

regards, Stefan Lemsitzer

--
Stefan Lemsitzer
Student of Telematik -- Graz University of Technology
e-mail: stefan_l at sbox.tugraz.at