[turba] Re: Distribution lists -adding LDAP entry to local SQLaddressbook - trying CVS

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Aug 6 05:54:23 PDT 2003

Chuck wanted a patch and I got some functionality working but its not clean and
I'm not a decent programmer at all, so no patch yet.

Basically, what needs done is that the $members array needs expanded to include
the name of the source as well so instead of $members[], you end up with
something like $members[$source][].  I had that successfully working in the
addMembers function but was getting confused in extending it to all the other
Group functions.  I'm pretty sure thats the way to do it though.

Thanks to the pointer from Chuck, I also understand the information stored in
the database that is serialized - I wrongly assumed the a, i and s were some
Horde specific features, which was my programming ignorance.

Since this does break backwards compatibility somewhat, it would be nice to get
it into turba before 2.0 is released.  I'll keep pecking at it as I have time
but don't hold your breath.  Don't consider my dabbling as being a substitute
for someone working on it...

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer