[turba] LDAP addresses being saved into SQL db

jonathan soong jon.soong at imvs.sa.gov.au
Thu Aug 7 19:41:38 PDT 2003

Hi list,

I've begun some modifications so that LDAP entries can be added directly
to a user's SQL distribution list.
I can now successfully add LDAP members to SQL Distribution Lists, and
view them etc (this is implemented
by including the Source where an entry comes from to each entry in a
Distribution List).

Now from a functionality POV,

Should entries that have been added to a user's Distribution List also
appear in the user's browse list?

(At the moment, the browse list seems to only print out users who have
an entry in the Address Book, in the case of
 sql - only those users with a specific entry in the database. With LDAP
users, i don't want to put an entry into the
 sql database, i just want to add them to a distribution list)

So should browsing a Personal Addressbook also display each entry from
each Distribution List ??

What do people think?

Jon

Also, I'm not sure what the policy on patch's are. To implement this
LDAP -> SQL functionality is requiring quite
a great deal of code. I don't know how i will post patches (as many
files will need patching).