[turba] Suggestion for sizelimit

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Aug 13 14:26:54 PDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:
>
> > Even if you rewrote that to always check the error code, how would you
> > get
> > an error message back to the user?  This is more a question for the
>
> Horde::raiseMessage() in the RELENG versions,
> $notification->push() in the HEAD versions.
>
> Jan.

Well, this is exactly what I was looking for, but I'm a little stuck.  The
design of Turba is such that I can't see how to get this warning message
to propogate to the user.  Here is what happens:

1. User is on the search.php page, enters some search parameters, and
submits the form.  The form action is also search.php.

2. Search.php does the search, and if there is no PEAR error raised, it
serializes the search results, puts them in the session, then redirects
the user to browse.php, where the results are displayed.

So the warning message is generated in the call to search.php, but it
needs to be displayed on the browse.php page.

Is there any reasonable way to do that?  I don't know enough about the
internals of Horde myself to answer.

	Andy