[turba] Suggestion for sizelimit

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Aug 13 16:07:20 PDT 2003

Zitat von Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:

> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Jan Schneider wrote:
>
> > Zitat von Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:
> >
> > > Even if you rewrote that to always check the error code, how would
> you
> > > get
> > > an error message back to the user?  This is more a question for the
> >
> > Horde::raiseMessage() in the RELENG versions,
> > $notification->push() in the HEAD versions.
> >
> > Jan.
>
> Well, this is exactly what I was looking for, but I'm a little stuck.
> The
> design of Turba is such that I can't see how to get this warning message
> to propogate to the user.  Here is what happens:
>
> 1. User is on the search.php page, enters some search parameters, and
> submits the form.  The form action is also search.php.
>
> 2. Search.php does the search, and if there is no PEAR error raised, it
> serializes the search results, puts them in the session, then redirects
> the user to browse.php, where the results are displayed.

That's the reason why the notification system has changed in the CVS HEAD
versions.

> So the warning message is generated in the call to search.php, but it
> needs to be displayed on the browse.php page.
>
> Is there any reasonable way to do that?  I don't know enough about the
> internals of Horde myself to answer.

In HEAD this is no problem, just push the message on the notification stack
and it will be displayed the next time the user sees a page.
In the stable version this is more difficult, you'll need to somehow pass
this information to the following page either by an url parameter or stored
within the session.

Btw, the HEAD versions are the ones that get actively developed, so please
make sure that any patches that you send are against CVS HEAD. If you
backport these patches to the RELENG versions also, fine.

Jan.