[turba] can't add contact using ldap

Steely, Kevin (CCI-Atlanta) Kevin.Steely at cox.com
Wed Aug 27 00:17:35 PDT 2003

I'm having a problem that I just can't seem to figure out.  I am using an LDAP shared address book.  Each user can log in and see their own address book without a problem.  They can also edit and delete entries without problems.  However, they can NOT add entries.  Looking at the output of slapd, I notice the following error when I hit "save" after trying to add an entry:

send_ldap_result: 21::objectclass: value #0 invalid per syntax

That line is the only thing that I notice that would cause any problems.  Once again, editing/deleting works fine so I'm pretty sure my ACLs are setup correctly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Kevin Steely