[turba] Misc. problems and configuration lingo

Jean-Luc Wasmer jl.horde at wasmer.ca
Sat Aug 30 15:26:03 PDT 2003

Hi,

Some features in Turba don't work for me... I've double checked the config
files, the log files, the documentation files and the mailing list archives but
I still can't find what's wrong with my settup.

Problems:

"Add new contact" -> Failed to add an object: [32] "No such object"

"Expand Names" and the contact list in IMP's Message Composition can't find my
contacts. "Search" and "Advanced Search" work fine.
I have exactly the same trace ("HORDE [debug] [turba] LDAP search ...") in the
log file whether I use "Expand Names", the contact list, "Search" or "Advanced
Search".

When a contact is displayed, some fields are missing (eg "Company") but I can
see them with Outlook Express. If I "Edit" the contact, and change the field, I
still can't see it with Turba but the field has changed in Outlook.

I have some question regarding Turba's configuration...
The following fields from sources.php are not well documented.

In "params":

- 'root'
The only description I found is in the pdf file (link on Turba's home page):
"Search root or DSA root."
I guess this is the base of the contact branch.
Why is it called "root"? Don't you think "base" would be more appropriate?

- 'dn'
No documentation at all. From the values of the configuration examples I see
(array('cn') and array('cn', 'uid')), this is not the Distinguished Name. It
looks more like the Relative Distinguished Name or RDN. This would
make sense, since Turba needs to know how to construct the dn for a new entry
(dn = rdn + base).

- 'objectclass'
The only description I found is in the pdf file:
"Objectclasses to include in search results."
"...and as type attribute for new entries", I would add. Am I right?

In "map":

- '__key'
Again, the only description I found is in the pdf file:
"The __key attribute must be defined. It specifies the primary key (element
that makes a source record / object unique)."
So, what's the difference between 'dn' in 'params' and '__key'?

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Luc Wasmer