[turba] spurious "already exisist in your addressbook"

mike whybark turba at whybark.com
Tue Sep 9 11:07:27 PDT 2003

I'm running latest final releases of Horde, IMP and Turba.

Server config OS X 10.2.6, Apache/1.3.26, MArc Liyanage's most recent
compiled bins for php and mysql (http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/).
Lots of ram and drive space.

Horde-IMP-Turba install and setup went without a hitch, mail functionality
is fine, and I can create new records in both the shared and personal
address books. The only problem I see is opne that is well-discussed in the
mailing list archives.

When I click the little address book icon in the mail-reader UI to add the
correspondent's address to an address book, I get the infamous "This person
is already in your address book" message; of course, the contact is in fact
not in the address book.

In the archives, the solution was to search for a line in turba's api.php
and change it to:

if (PEAR::isError($res) || $res->count() > 0) {

THe error occurred some time ago and is identified as fixed in subsequent
distributions.

Opening my copy of api.php, I can confirm that the line is as above in the
copy of the app I dowloaded and set up.

Thus, the error stems from something else for me. Advice?