[turba] Re: Shared Address Books (Multi-User)

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at horde.org
Wed Nov 5 06:28:46 PST 2003

There is no internal code to do what you want to do.  However, the config
files are PHP and you can add some logic to them.  You didn't mention which
version of Turba/Horde you use (or I skimmed too fast) but with the current
CVS I have created a group called WeddingList and changed sources.php by
wrapping the weddinglist addressbook definition with:

$groups = new Group;
if ($groups->userIsInGroup(Auth::getAuth(), 'WeddingList')) {
     $cfgsources['wedding'] = array(
          [addressbook details here]
     );
}

It's defined as fully public, but the definition only exists for users in the
group.

Marcus I. Ryan, marcus at horde.org
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
 flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                 -- Matt Groening