[turba] LDAP problems

E. Stuart Hicks ehicks at binarymagi.com
Sun Feb 8 14:24:16 PST 2004

I'm having problems getting Turba to work with my LDAP server.  I've got an
OpenLDAP 2.2.5 server running but I'm very new to LDAP and the installation
instructions included with Turba are very vague and incomplete.  The patch
is also outdated and required me to go through the core.schema file
manually, find the place that the patch was looking for and change things
myself.  The suggested access settings do not work at all and I have no idea
how to fix them.  The setup scripts included do not work properly, either,
as -x doesn't seem to be a valid option anymore.

A very strange problem also happens when I try accessing public email repos
like Bigfoot or Verisign.  Everytime I try searching one the entire Horde
system stops functioning until I restart Apache.  The rest of the site, even
the PHP-based sections, still work fine - it's just Horde that dies.  The
only difference I can think of is that Horde runs under a vhost 'webmail'
while everything else runs under 'www'.  They are the same server, though.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.  TIA

Stu