[turba] Addressbooks gone after upgrades

Oscar A. Valdez oscar.valdez at plastipak.com.sv
Sat Feb 14 06:44:37 PST 2004

El sáb, 14-02-2004 a las 06:19, Jan Schneider escribió:
> Zitat von "Oscar A. Valdez" <oscar.valdez at plastipak.com.sv>:
>
> > I recently upgraded to Horde 2.2.4, IMP 3.2.2 and Turba 1.2.1, and from
> > Postgresql 7.2 to 7.3.
> >
> > Users had functional preferences-based addressbooks. After the upgrades, they
> > are inaccessible from within the system, although, if I browse the database,
> > the information is there, in field  pref_value in table horde_prefs,
> > in records
> > where pref_scope = turba and pref_name = prefbooks.
> >
> > Hints on how to get the addressbooks back will be most welcome.
>
> Do other preferences still work? If not, you probably changed the realm
> setting for your users.

Thanks for the tip. No, the other preferences don't work, because, as
you suspected, I did change the realm.

I just set the realm to null, and the addressbooks are back. And I have
gained a better undertanding of what that variable does. I do host
virtual servers for different domains, but my usernames are unique:
there can't be different accounts with the same username in different
domains. Therefore, the realm variable isn't needed to further
differentiate accounts.

Thank you.
--
Oscar A. Valdez