[turba] problem with duplicate dn with LDAP backend

Edwin Culp eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx
Tue Apr 6 03:54:03 PDT 2004

Quoting andreas oster <aoster at novanetwork.de>:

> hello list,
>
> I have run into a little problem with turba. I have set up a shared LDAp
> addressbook. I use a modified mozilla-schema and changed the appropriate
> settings in the attributes.php and sources.php file and everything works
> like a charm. Only the possibility of running into duplicate dn-problems
> gives me a headache. I would like to use 'uid' created from sn and  some
> numer (Date?) in the dn. Is this possible ? How can I do this. I tried
> some things but unfortunately my PHP skills are only rudimental, and
> therefor didn't get very far :(

Andreas,

Why not just use mail rather than uid in your dn.  That
should always be unique.  It has always seemed much simpler
to me.  For example my users dn is:

dn:
mail=eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx,ou=people,o=an_ldap_base

another is:

dn: mail=eculp at encontacto.net,ou=people,o=an_ldap_base

it is also trivial to separate into $user=eculp and
$vdomain=encontacto.net by just using a couple of php
functions that you will find in horde/hooks.php like

$uid = Auth::getBareAuth(); or
$uid = preg_replace('|@.*|i', '', Auth::getAuth();
and
$vdomain = preg_replace('|.*@|i', '', Auth::getAuth(); or if
you want/need to use HTTP_HOST:
$vdomain =
strtolower(preg_replace('/^mail\.|^www\.|^www\.mail\./i',
'', $_SERVE
R['HTTP_HOST']));

Hope this helps a bit,

ed