[turba] Re: problem with duplicate dn with LDAP backend

Edwin Culp eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx
Tue Apr 6 07:26:22 PDT 2004

Quoting andreas oster <aoster at novanetwork.de>:

> Hello Edwin,
>
> now I am a little confused :) Do we speak of the same thing ?
> What I have is a ou=AddressBook in my directory where our business
> contacts should be stored. We will use it as a container for collecting
> informations about people/companies with which we are frequently in
> contact.
> No mail routing decisions or user authentication or things like that.
> But rereading your last reply I guess that I did not get you right :)
>
> best regards

Andreas,

Sorry, we were definitely on different channels.  I use the
email addressfrom the company contact in the dn for general
corporate addressbooks.
dn: mail=a_contact at yahoo.com,ou=addressbook,o=ldap_base
and add virtualdomainuser: email_turbauser at theirdomain.org
virtualdomain: theirdomain.org to each contact. that is
added
I use the virtualdomainuser to show who added the contact
and separate the contacts into virtual corporate
directories with the virtualdomain value.

This sistem has it's limitations, too, I suppose although it
has worked well for me.  I share this in hopes of creating
something more flexible, simple and better through
discussions such as these.

ed

P.S. Virtualdomain and virtualdomainuser are from the
courier schema.