[turba] Importing Turba Address Books

Nate nmollring at cennecs.org
Tue Apr 13 08:11:04 PDT 2004

Quoting Neil Wilson <neil at dcdata.co.za>:

> Hi,
>
> I know I've posted this before, but I am getting very desperate , please if
> anyone can help me please reply as soon as possilbe.
>
> I'm not sure if this is going to the right mailing list,
> I need to somehow import about 100 turba address books that were created that
> are stored in a mysql database format.
>
> We did a server re-install/upgrade to Slackware 9.1 and reconfigured
> horde,imp,turba,php etc, and now I need to import all the old address
> books.

phpmyadmin.  Look at installing phpmyadmin.  It allows access to mysql using a
simple web interface.  When I set-up my new SME server, I simply
exported(dumped) the old turba_objects to a file, then imported them into
turba_objects on the new server.  Took just a few minutes.  If you know nothing
of mysql, you need to learn the basics by using phpmyadmin and do the transfer,
or hire someone to do it.  Once the data is in the correct location you may have
to tweak /turba/config/sources.php and/or /imp/config/servers.php to get it working.
Nate

This information is strictly confidential and is intended to be viewed only by
the designated recipient.  If you are not listed as the designated recipient,
it has reached you in error and you may not view or share this information.  If
this has reached you in error, please contact the sender for further action to
be taken.