[turba] LDAP and umlauts

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Wed May 5 07:10:48 PDT 2004

Hi!

Today I've set up my very first openldap-server and after consuming some
books and websites I got everything to work. :-)

But now one problem remains:
My addresses are saved under
"ou=myuserid,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=example,dc=com" where myuserid
is my horde-login username. If I add a contact called "Tony Testperson",
it is found there as "cn=Tony Testperson". Everything fine so far.

Now when I use german umlauts, there is a problem. "cn=Jürgen
Testperson" does not work - though utf-8 is set in my sources.conf. In
the attributes like homePostalAddress, I can use umlauts without problems.

So what can I do? Is there a way to configure turba to use something
else as "cn"? Or are there any bloody tricks for openldap?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Gruss,
    Ollie.