[turba] LDAP an german umlauts again - not possible?

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Fri May 7 02:35:01 PDT 2004

Hi,

as posted 2 days ago, I am having problems using LDAP in turba with
german umlauts. In short: umlauts work in any field but the name of the
contact, because this one is used as cn.

As I found out now, you have to use a base64-encoded utf-8 string to
write successfully into LDAP. To mark the "cn:" as base64-encoded,
"cn::" has to be used.

I took a look at /lib/Driver/ldap.php, but found nothing about
base64-encoding.

So my question is, if I missed something or turba simply cannot handle
german umlauts?

Gruss,
    Ollie.

PS: Here are the most important pars of my sources.conf:

$uid = Auth::getBareAuth();
$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
     'title' => _("Personal LDAP Adressbook"),
     'type' => 'ldap',
     'params' => array(
         'server' => 'localhost',
         'port' => 389,
         'root' =>
'ou='.$uid.',ou=personal_addressbook,dc=ldap,dc=example,dc=com',
         'bind_dn' => 'cn=Manager,dc=ldap,dc=example,dc=com',
         'bind_password' => 'secret',
//        'sizelimit' => 200,
         'dn' => array('cn'),
         'objectclass' => array('top',
                                'person',
                                'organizationalPerson','inetOrgPerson'),
         'charset' => 'utf-8',
         'version' => 3
     ),
     'map' => array(
         '__key' => 'dn',
         'name' => 'cn',
         'email' => 'mail',

         'title' => 'title',
         'company' => 'o', // I had to change this one, the example from
			  // sources.conf.dist did not work!
         'businessCategory' => 'businesscategory',
	[...]
     ),
     'search' => array(
         'name',